The backbone of the Indian economy is Logistics Sector, providing efficient and effective flow of goods services on which another sector depends. The logistics industry in India is growing rapidly, it is the combination of infrastructure and technology updating, which defines whether the logistic industry is able to help its customers reduce their cost and risk in logistics sector and provide efficient services.
The logistics industry continues to witness growth due to the growth in retail, eCommerce and manufacturing sectors. The Global Logistics sector was expected to grow 10-15% in the period 2013-14. The Logistics industry will be expected to reach over $2 Bn by 2019.
Challenges Faced By Logistic Industry in India:
- The challenges faced by the industry today are the lack of integration in transport networks, information technology, and warehousing & distribution facilities.
- Rules and Regulations differ at different stages, are imposed by regional, national and local authorities.
- Trained manpower is necessary for both Third party logistics sector as well as the manufacturing and retailing sectors, which is very weak at a practical level, i.e., IT, driving and warehouse as well as at a higher strategic level.
- Logistics sector requires high manpower and lack of training institutions cause effective outputs
- Poor management and facilities are the reason for heavy loss, damage and deterioration of stock, mainly in the perishables sector. Proper refrigerated storage and containers and maintenance is must
How Jayem Logistics found solutions to challenges faced by every logistics in India?
With 30 years of expertise in logistics and supply chain industry, Jayem Logistics has transformed itself from an international freight forwarding company to a large integrated logistics group, perhaps the only group in India to cater 9 verticals of supply chain, be it the international freight forwarding to last mile delivery, custom clearance to corporate compliance, inventory management to records & data storage, intercity trucking to within city road transportation, trading to asset verification.
Jayem logistics is dealing with every challenge in a tactful manner. It has 2 Million Sq.ft of warehouse space spread across 65 location in India with world class storage system and infrastructure. Hi tech automation and robust WMS to support operations. It has a dedicated fleet of more than 150 trucks with GPS and TMS for seamless transactions. It has corporate training team to train resources for effective output and utilization. Jayem Logistics is investing heavily in technology to race ahead of its competitors and keep up with the latest trends we with strong IT team in place we are poised to be unique and competitive.
Opportunities in logistics Industry:
The logistics sector in India has today become a key performance of the Indian economy. One of the primary reasons for it is that years of high growth in the Indian economy has resulted in a significant rise in the volume of freight traffic moved. This traffic generated new growth opportunities in all Domains of logistics including transportation, warehousing, freight forwarding, express cargo delivery, container services, shipping services etc. According to the World Bank’s Logistic Performance Index (LPI), India is ranked 39th place among 150 countries of the world.
Size of Logistics Industry in India: Various estimates put the total market size of the logistics sector in India to be between USD 90-125 billion. Sources also estimate that the logistics sector employs over 45 million people in India.
The logistics firms are changing from a traditional setup to the integration of IT, Artificial intelligence to their operations to reduce the costs incurred as well as to meet the service demands. The growth of the Indian logistics sector depends upon its infrastructure like education, training and policy framework as much as the hard infrastructure.